Here's the new usual:
- (warmup) KB swing 3 x 20 @ 50#
- 1-arm KB swing 5 x 20 @ 50#
- 1-arm KB clean 3 x 20 @ 35#
- knee push-up 3 x 30 @ BW
- Turkish get-up x 10 @ 50#
Rules for pacing:
- Warmup: Start the next set when my HR drops to 100 BPM.
- Work Sets: Start the next set when my HR drops to 120 BPM.
And the 15-minute KB workout has acquired a name: Dr. Jones, as in, "No time for love, Dr. Jones!" Here it is again:
- 3 rounds:
- 1-arm KB swing x 20 @ 50#
- 1-arm KB clean x 20 @ 35#
- knee push-up x 30
- Turkish get-up x 6 @ 50#
That one's an asskicker. It's most of the high-intensity work of the 40-min workout, but done in 15 min. The pace is rough.
It's enough, in fact, that I'm very tempted to use it for the start of my 45-min workouts, and fill out the time with some time on the indoor cycling trainer.