I've realized I'm happier when I race once in a while. I have no interest in planning out any kind of structured "season", but I do want to have something to look for ward to and train for every couple of months.
So far, I'm just collecting options for this fall and next year.
- I really do want to do a couple of the local Non Dot Adventures races next year. (I feel like I have unfinished business at Santiago.)
- Rim Nordic, near Big Bear lake, does three races each year. (2019 date TBD?)
- Southridge Racing Family in Fontana starts their Fall Series on Sept 29-30.
- If I'm aiming to do Leadville at some point, I should probably think about doing the Tahoe Trail MTB.(July 13)
- I really want to race a few of the Over the Hump races next summer. I didn't make this a priority this year, and I wish I had.
- And there's the annual Limestone XC race.
- And the Goldstate Race Series has a few dates close to me.
Put all that together, and there are plenty of opportunities to race.
And honestly, I'm really tired of hearing myself say that the best thing I can do for my fitness is to lose ten pounds of fat. I know better than to take that on right now. But soon, that's going to be the focus of my eating & training.